Paul Reska is an Enrolled Agent representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in audits, collections and appeals. As a 20-year veteran of the IRS, Paul has an in-depth knowledge of the organization and its processes and procedures. Paul uses his experience and insight to help clients navigate the complex bureaucracy involved with tax disputes and to resolve difficult cases.
Paul has extensive experience in Offer in Compromise, especially in large dollar cases. While at the IRS, he taught the subject to revenue officers, acted as group manager for the Offers in Compromise team, and was actively involved in creating the Offer in Compromise Group at IRS Appeals in Boston to deal with the growing inventory of Offer in Compromise cases.
Paul assists individual taxpayers, estates and corporations with federal and state tax controversies, including:
- Audits and examination, including calculation of correct tax liability, and minimizing penalties and interest
- Submissions of Offers in Compromise to the IRS for settlement of tax liabilities, significant experience in large dollar cases
- Submissions of voluntary disclosures to the IRS to assist taxpayers with bringing their tax accounts into compliance
- Resolving unpaid federal and state employment tax matters
- Representing financial officers from large and small corporations in trust fund tax matters
- Negotiating discharge of property, subordinations and withdrawals related to tax liens
- Assisting U.S. citizens with foreign bank accounts and FBAR Requirements, including voluntary disclosure programs
Paul spent 20 years at the Internal Revenue Service. His responsibilities ranged from resolving taxpayer disputes and employment tax cases to large Offers in Compromise and appeals.
- Revenue Officer, resolved delinquent accounts for taxpayers and the IRS
- Instructor for IRS Revenue Officers in the area of Offers in Compromise as a method to resolve unpaid taxpayer accounts
- Special Procedure Advisor to the Boston IRS Special Procedures Function responsible for all areas of the tax laws for IRS dealing with federal tax liens including discharges, subordinations, foreclosure and quiet title actions in U.S. District Court, bankruptcy and insolvency issues, as well as resolution of unpaid employment tax cases
- Offer in Compromise Specialist for New England responsible for large dollar Offer in Compromise cases and acted as the Group Manager for the Offer in Compromise Team with delegated approval authority over large dollar cases
- Acting Manager for IRS Special Procedures Function, Boston District supervising the representation of the IRS in bankruptcy and insolvency cases
- Settlement Officer, Boston Office of IRS Appeals responsible for the resolution of collection, penalty and responsible person unpaid employment tax cases