Ryan Tivnan represents individuals, estates, and businesses before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Massachusetts Department of Revenue. He received his Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School and served as an intern for the Honorable Angela M. Ordoñez, Chief Justice of the Probate & Family Court of Massachusetts.
Ryan counsels clients with federal and state tax controversies, including:
- Audits and examination, including calculation of correct tax liability, and minimizing penalties and interest
- Submissions of Offers in Compromise to the IRS for settlement of tax liabilities
- Submissions of voluntary disclosures to the IRS to assist taxpayers with bringing their tax accounts into compliance
- Assisting U.S. citizens with foreign bank accounts and FBAR Requirements, including voluntary disclosure programs
Norfolk County Probate and Family Courthouse (2012)
- Law Intern
- Researched and drafted motions and memos
- Analyzed estate assets
Adecco (Entegee) (2007-2010)
- National Account Manager/Sales Representative
- Developed new corporate accounts and managed existing client relationships for engineering staffing company, including negotiating contracts, managing staffing needs, and training new employees
Hanover Youth Athletic Association
Served as President of Hanover Babe Ruth Baseball, Umpire Commissioner, Player/Coach Sr. Babe Ruth Baseball League, Umpire, Little League and All Star Coach, Friends of Hanover High Hockey.